collaborative project that aims to improve disability confidence
CamdenAbility is a newly launched collaborative project that aims to improve disability confidence free of charge across businesses throughout the London borough of Camden.
Delivered by Business Disability Forum (BDF) and Cross River Partnership with funding from Camden Council and Job Centre Plus, the project aims to significantly increase the number of Camden residents with disabilities who are in full-time employment.
To achieve this, BDF is reaching out to organisations local to the borough of Camden and neighbouring boroughs that wish to be part of the project and join a unique employer network committed to supporting all disabled employees.
Joining the CamdenAbility Network provides an opportunity for organisations to access the rich pool of disabled candidates, diversify their workforce in a supportive environment and adopt disability confidence as part of a whole organisational approach.
Organisations which sign up to the CamdenAbility Network will receive extensive support from BDF and Cross River Partnership free of charge. We will help you ensure your organisation is in the best shape to create a working environment where disabled people can thrive.
- The support package is developed according to your organisational need, but could for example include:
- a review of your readiness to support all employees with a disability;
- tailored packages of consultancy from BDF;
- access to disability awareness events and training;
- networking and knowledge sharing events;
- tailored communications packages to publicise your organisation’s good work and involvement in the project; and
- in-work support for employers that hire disabled candidates during the project.
The CamdenAbility Project is now underway.
If you would like to join the CamdenAbility Network or learn more about the project, please call Helen Macfarlane on 020 7403 3020 or email email@example.com